It was time to evaluate direction with plotting and planning of paths, postings, podcasts, webcasts, conferences and more for IdoNotes and the Spiked Studio brand.
I had to consider quite a few things:
- Over 15 years of blogging
- Over 12 years of podcasting
- A YouTube channel (ok there is two channels). I suggest you subscribe to both, seriously
- Thousands of posts just here alone (and only ~50 unpublished ones)
- Millions of views, plus all the podcast and resource downloads
- A few thousand direct newsletter subscribers (subscribe on the right ---> )
- Countless (I really haven't counted) articles for magazines, blogs and websites
- Conferences, conferences and conferences. Including IamLUG, ICON US and all the Consultant In Your Pocket series
After I typed that I realized it isn't important at all as a number. What started as a random idea to blog became a hobby, passion and then hobby again. It expanded into my crazy idea of multiple blogs. Some of those were merged back together (TheSocialNetworker and Social Stalking for example).
Spiked Studios LLC launched a few years ago as an umbrella to bring together all of the video work I was starting to do and I decided to fold all of the blogs under that banner. That video path became a passion moving even the IdoNotes podcast to video shows only and then expand in directions I could never imagine. Amazon Top 1000 reviewer, live on air at CES twice, on stage at SxSW twice and then product ambassador opportunities.
So what does this blog post mean? Look for expansion in content here at IdoNotes. I announced I am an IBM Cloud Champion for 2018, my first time not being a IBM Collaboration Solutions Champion since the program inception. I will be full force covering Domino 10 and adding more cloud related content.
Plus my job expanded and you should expect to see a lot on data taxonomy, analytics and dashboards. It is simply a reboot that took some planning and thought.