Each year there is so much to do in St Louis, MO for Memorial Day you often lose track. Here is a growing list of 2015 Memorial Day events with a live Google Map showing the events and links. A summary of events on the growing map is as follows:
- 43rd Annual Gypsy Caravan - the Midwest largest flea market
- St Louis Blues Week Festival - music, games and the BBQ Blast competition
- 24th Annual St Louis African Arts Festival - African marketplace, crafts, activities and more
- St Louis County Greek Fest - authentic Greek food, music, dancing and more
- Wizard World Comic Con - this is geek heaven
- Bob Costas Benefit - Diana Ross is a headliner
- St Louis Ribfest
- Missouri River Irish Fest
- Eckert's Memorial Day Festival
- Black Dance USA
- 8th Annual Spring to Dance Festival
- Crawfish Boil at Broadway Oyster Bar
Note: I do not organize any of these events but wanted to share a growing list of places you should visit this weekend. This list is nowhere near inclusive of everything and I am adding to it all the time.
- Upload an email file attachment to the cloud
- Let others know when you're out of the office
- See the report-to structure for mail recipients
- Switch between IBM Verse and SmartCloud Notes web (iNotes)
- IBM Verse for iPhone
- New push notifications for Lotus Traveler
See the past cloud enhancements posts on the IdoNotes blog
IBM Verse does not currently support sending encrypted messages, though messages that were received encrypted can be read within Verse. While all transactions between the web browser and IBM SmartCloud are transmitted over a secure network connection, the actual content of messages cannot be additionally encrypted by IBM Verse using S/MIME or Notes encryption. This applies to both new messages composed within Verse and replies to messages that were encrypted when they were sent to the Verse user.
Messages that must be encrypted can be sent using either SmartCloud Notes or SmartCloud Notes web.
I am guessing this will come later but I never did consider this or see it part of any documentation as a limitation earlier.
- Support for IBM Verse (there seems to be some issues however)
- Marking IBM Verse contacts as favorites
- Attendee status displays for meeting chair
- The At-Glance widget displays when receiving new mail from "Important to me" contacts
- Actions menu on Android clients
- Support for Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 7
- Customize community layout and navigation
- Type ahead search
- New theme aligned to IBM Verse
- Policy to disable chat history on file transfer
- IBM Verse for iPhones
- Apple Push notifications for To-do's
- Google Cloud Messaging integration for Traveler users. (Using GCM is easier on Android to get notifications instead of being constantly connected for push notifications)
I am curious if we will see a new One UI change with a change toward IBM Verse look and feel. This would be some retooling of numerous applications and interfaces for users. While the end result would be cleaner, it might be a bit too clean.
See the previous IBM Connections Cloud enhancement posts right here (and previous SmartCloud naming ones) on IdoNotes.